The county library “Gheorghe Şincai” is located in center of Oradea and the book number increases continuously. The establishment took place in the 19th century in Oradea city. It was the first public library and began its activity on 23.09.1991.
The cultural patron of the library is the historic and schoolmaster Gheorghe Şincai (1754-1816) because he had strong connections with Oradea. Here are many of his manuscripts which were published countless times in old and modern editions. Among them is “Chronicle of the Romanians”.
The county library “Gheorghe Şincai” is the biggest and the most dynamic institution of its kind in the west side of Romania and is serving four big counties.