The ”Gheorghe Pârvu” Municipal Library from Brad was created in 1951 and had 1,500 books. Across time, its books and documents collection has increased and in the present, the library has over 60,000 books. The building where the library functions was built around 1920 and it was the house of Gheorghe Pârvu, who was a teacher at the ”Avram Iancu” local high-school. Every year, the library has around 3,000 users, who use over 5,500 books and documents.
The library`s building, which is a historic monument, was restored in 2015.