The Church from Steri, Hunedoara county, is an orthodox church that is dedicated to the Assumption of Virgin Mary. It was built in the second half of the 14th century, but some specialists say it was, probably, built around 1270. From the architectural point of view, the monument is a mixture between byzantine art and early Gothic style. It is a small church made of stone and with the tower-bell situated on its western side. Sadly, the outside painting was not preserved, but on the inside it reveals many biblical scenes with a high artistic value.
The religious edifice is a national historic monument.