The castle Bathyanyi was included in the historical monument list in 2004. The castle belongs to the Aleşd town hall and it has become a hospital. The first document dates since 1291 under the name Elusd.
In 1406 Aleşd appears under the name Willa Eleesd, in 1699 appears as Illesd and in the next century as Elesd which kept to today. Aleşd became a town in 1699 by the Decision of the Council of Ministers no. 1106/ 27.05.1968. In its historical past it was residence of sanjakbeg, administrative circle residence and residence district.