The Biharia Fortress from Biharia, Bihor county, is situated 14 km from Oradea and specialist do not know for sure when it was built. According to some historic documents, the Fortress belonged to the ruler Menumorut, who resisted various days in the edifice under the Hungarians attack, from the 10th century. The Fortress is considered one of the oldest stone Dacian buildings from the western side of Romania.
The Fortress had a stormy life until 1709, when it was completely deserted. Nowadays, its ruins are covered with earth and little can be seen from it.