The Oltenia Mitropoly is located in the center of Craiova, Dolj county. It is a subdivision of The Romanian Orthodox Church and serves the south-western part of the country. It was created in November, 1938, but, in 1945, the communist regime dissolved it. The Mitropoly was founded again after 1989.
The Oltenia Mitropoly has its headquarters in The Saint Dimitri Mitropoly Cathedral from Craiova.