The Episcopal Palace of the Lower Danube was built between 1897 and 1900 after the plans of the architect Toma Dobrescu. In the left wing of the edifice was designed a chapel for the episcopal residence. It is dedicated to the “Presentation of Lord Jesus”, which is celebrated, every year, on February, the 2nd. Today, the Episcopal Palace hosts the Museum of History, Culture and Christian Spirituality.
It is a historic monument.