Stephen’s Tower from Baia Mare, Maramures County, was built in the XV century.
The tower was rebuilt in 1468 and it was raised by the orders of Prince John of Hunedoara, to celebrate the victory against the Ottoman Empire. Built of solid stone, the main tower has the top four towers with spiers and the clock built on one of the facades.
Over time, there have been many renovations and reconstructions. It is well known that Stephen’s Tower was hit repeatedly by weather conditions (especially by lightning and storms).