The Iernut Castle or The Kornis-Rakoczy-Bethlen Castle from Iernut, Mures county, is a historic monument built in 1545 by Gaspar Bogati in Renaissance style. Then, between 1650 – 1660, the Castle was modified for Prince Rakoczy the IInd by the Italian architect Agostino da Serena. Across time, the Castle belonged to the descendants of Bethlen family, until one of them lost the castle playing cards one night. The new owner, Jeno Haller, gave the Castle to Roman-Catholic church from Transylvania, which transformed it into a farm and an agriculture school. In 1948, the castle was nationalized and transformed in an agriculture high-school.
Nowadays, the Castle`s fate is uncertain, because its legal situation is not yet decided. What is certain is that the present owner of the castle does not have the financial resources to take care of it, thus, the edifice is continuously degrading.